My Mediasite and its companion application, the Mediasite Desktop Recorder, allow faculty to create and publish original video content directly from their computer to an OIT server. Once published, the content is available for on-demand playback and sharing via presentation URLs. The Mediasite Desktop Recorder is perfect for capturing a camera image plus a screencast or a slideshow in a side-by-side presentation.
Viewers see the presenter delivering a lecture along with presentation materials. Voiceover screencast and voiceover slideshow options are also available. With My Mediasite uploading videos directly from iOS and Android devices is also quick and easy.
Some instructional uses of My Mediasite
- Record and share online lectures containing webcam video and presentation slides.
- Post a course introduction showing and discussing the course site.
- Demonstrate a software application used in a course.
- Explore detailed viewing analytics of your My Mediasite videos.
- Introducing My Mediasite and the Desktop Recorder OIT Tutorial – This video introduces various My Mediasite features and describes settings available for your video presentations. (This example requires a UT NetID and password. You may also be prompted to download and activate the Silverlight plugin.)
Cost and Storage
There is no cost to faculty; My Mediasite is part of the OIT service. Videos created and uploaded via the Desktop Recorder are stored on an OIT streaming server.
Contact OIT Helpdesk for assistance
Access My Mediasite
- Visit the My Mediasite portal and login with your UT NetID.
- Create your profile.
- Select “My Mediasite” in the upper part of the webpage to access your personal space.
- Contact OIT HelpDesk for a consultation!