The University of Tennessee’s Office of Information Technology Course Design and Delivery Team is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of OIT Student Staff.
Student Technology Assistants for Research and Teaching (START) assists faculty with the creation of computer-based, multimedia materials and provides technical support to enhance courses taught on the Knoxville campus of The University of Tennessee.
START Team members use of a variety of software packages along with the principles of good web, graphic, and instructional design to create course materials that are engaging and accessible. In addition, START Team members will become proficient in the use and support of technologies present in the OIT technology-enhanced classrooms throughout campus.
The ideal START Team member also exhibits good communication, consultation, and project management skills.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred, 2.75 minimum
- Able to work 10-20 hours per week; Minimum 2-hour time block
- Minimum employment commitment of one (1) academic year.
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and self-disciplined
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Familiarity with basic video editing
- Strong Graphic and Web Design skills (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Demonstrated competency with computer and mobile device applications used in creating course materials (e.g. Articulate Storyline, WordPress, HTML, AfterEffects, Visual Studio, Maya, Camtasia, Captivate, etc.).
- Previous work in a computer related field
To Learn more about START and Apply