Graduate Research Assistant
A Graduate Research Assistant position is available starting Spring 2017. Students who will fill the position two years or longer are preferred. This position includes a tuition waiver, salary, and health insurance. You will be trained by the current GRA.
Work will in part be related to administration and implementation of a web search engine, making XSLT interfaces, API, etc. and implementing new search technologies as they are released. An interest in learning details of search engine technology is preferred.
Additional tasks will include web server performance analysis and web server administration. Knowledge, or desire to learn about web servers, configuration and administration of web servers and Linux systems, web system monitoring and analysis tools is preferred. This position will help teach occasional workshops on various topics, including search technology and SQLite.
Knowledge/ Skills required:
- Comfortable with UNIX operating system
- Proficient programming with at least one scripting language
Knowledge/ Skills helpful but not required:
- Database administration and scripting skills, SQL, etc.
- XSLT or XML experience is a strong plus
- R / Python/PERL scripting language is a plus
- Knowledge of Apache web server, and/or any other web server Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, etc. software is a plus
- Search engine optimization is a plus
- Background with any enterprise DB programming (Oracle, SQL Server, PostGreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- UNIX system administration knowledge
- JAVA programming, mobile applications
For inquiries, send a resume via email to John Rose: