This Graduate Teaching Assistantship, which is a twelve-month, half-time appointment, carries a stipend and a waiver of tuition and maintenance fees, including the summer session. A half-time Graduate Teaching Assistant works twenty hours per week and is expected to work spring, summer, and fall semesters
The Graduate Teaching Assistant provides technology support to the OIT staff, faculty, and students. Duties may include several of the following:
- training faculty on use of classroom technology
- training faculty on how to use mobile respond/clickers
- teaching technology workshops under the guidance of a trainer
- creating training documentation, videos, web pages, etc.
- development of instructional materials for faculty, such as graphics, multimedia-based learning materials, and presentations
- other duties assigned as needed.
We are looking for candidates who have experience in several of these areas:
Candidate MUST have:
- Strong MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, or Excel
- Ability to learn new technology
and some of the following:
- Teaching experience (K-12, training, etc.)
- Visual or graphic design experience
- development of media-rich presentations, screencasts, video and audio
- computer technology training
- Mobile learning technologies
The ideal candidate must possess good communication, organizational, and customer service skills; ability to work efficiently within tight deadlines; and aptitude to quickly learn and apply new technology skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Email Rachael Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org a link to your online resume and portfolio and include a cover letter in the text of your email. In the email subject line, type “OIT Job Inquiry – Graduate Teaching Assistant-Instructional Technology.”