GTA Position Available
This Graduate Teaching Assistantship, which is a twelve-month, half-time appointment, carries a stipend and a waiver of tuition and maintenance fees, including the summer session. A half-time Graduate Teaching Assistant works twenty hours per week.
The Graduate Teaching Assistant provides technology support to the OIT staff, faculty, and students. Duties may include several of the following:
- teaching technology workshops under the guidance of a trainer.
- working on course design/redesign.
- development of instructional materials for faculty, such as graphics, multimedia-based learning materials, and presentations.
- assist faculty and with course development under the guidance of a staff mentor.
- other duties assigned as needed.
We are looking for candidates who have experience in several of these areas:
- MS Office Excel and Access
- web development and HTML coding
- development of media-rich presentations, screencasts, video and audio
- computer technology training
The ideal candidate must possess good communication, organizational, and customer service skills; ability to work efficiently within tight deadlines; and aptitude to quickly learn and apply new technology skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please email Jerry Riehl at firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a cover letter. In the email subject line, type “OIT Job Inquiry – Graduate Teaching Assistant.”