New Position Available
This student worker position will perform High Performance and Scientific Computing tasks associated with operating and maintaining equipment associated with the ISAAC compute cluster.
60% Assist with data center operation
- provide assistance to the Director, High Performance & Scientific Computing and the Senior HPC System Administrator related to operation and maintenance of ISAAC clusters
- Assist staff with duties in Kingston Pike Building data center and JICS 116 data center at ORNL
- Maintain labeling of all racks, equipment in racks, and cables in racks
- assist staff in equipment hardware troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, surplus, and storage of spare and unused equipment going in or out of the data centers
- organizing, monitoring, and maintaining approximately 25 rack power distribution units
- instrument tech functions such as racking/unracking equipment, running and organizing cables, organizing and maintaining a clean a safe data center
40% Create, update, and maintain documentation
- create update and maintain the information regarding the racks, equipment and cables in the racks in the Data Center Information Management (DCIM) system for the ISAAC clusters
- maintain documentation of the power, ethernet network, infiniband network, out of band network, and data center space with Visio
- maintain power receptacle and main data center PDU mapping in Excel documents
To apply, send a resume to Victor Hazlewood at email@example.com.