Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Rollout Schedule*
- January 2019 – Faculty, staff, and students can voluntarily sign up to use 2FA
- February 28, 2019 – All UTIA faculty and staff will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password
- March 31, 2019 – All Institute for Public Service faculty and staff will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password
- July 2019 – All new hires and newly admitted students will set up 2FA as part of their initial password setup
- Fall 2019 – All faculty, staff, and students will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password.
*As new dates are scheduled, we will update this list.
When will you use Two-Factor Authentication?
Over the next year, any university application that uses your NetID and password will be updated to use 2FA.
Once you sign up, you will use 2FA for any application that has been set up to use 2FA. As new apps are added, you’ll automatically be prompted.
January 2019: All applications using the Central Authentication Service (CAS) will use 2FA.
Here are some examples of applications and software using the Central Authentication Service (CAS)
- For Students: MyUTK, Canvas, Zoom. Lynda.com
- For Faculty: Canvas, Zoom, Grades First, MyIRIS, Elements, Faculty Review, Cayuse, QuestionPro
- For Staff: MyIRIS, OIT Software Distribution, Ad Astra (Room Scheduling), Banner, Touchnet, Lynda.com, K@TE, Kronos, Zoom
June 2019: Microsoft Office 365 and Google G-Suite
Coming Soon: Virtual Private Network (VPN)