Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Rollout Schedule*
- January 2019 – Faculty, staff, and students can voluntarily sign up to use 2FA
- February 28, 2019 – All UTIA faculty and staff will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password
- March 31, 2019 – All Institute for Public Service faculty and staff will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password
- July 2019 – All new hires and newly admitted students will set up 2FA as part of their initial password setup
- September 17, 2019 – All Knox-area and UTSI faculty and staff will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password.
- October 22, 2019 – All UTK and UTSI students will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password.
- November 19, 2019 – All Knox-area sponsored accounts will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password.
- June 15, 2022 – 2FA will be required when accessing Public LAMP
*As new dates are scheduled, we will update this list.
When will you use Two-Factor Authentication?
Over the next year, any university application that uses your NetID and password will be updated to use 2FA. Once you sign up, you will use 2FA for any application that has been set up to use 2FA. As new apps are added, you’ll automatically be prompted.
All applications using the Central Authentication Service (CAS)
Here are some examples of applications and software using the Central Authentication Service (CAS)
- For Students: MyUTK, Canvas, Zoom, LinkedIn Learning
- For Faculty: Canvas, Zoom, Grades First, MyIRIS, Elements, Faculty Review, Cayuse, QuestionPro
- For Staff: MyIRIS, OIT Software Distribution, Ad Astra (Room Scheduling), Banner, Touchnet, LinkedIn Learning, K@TE, Kronos, Zoom
Virtual Private Network (VPN)