Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Rollout Schedule*
- January 2019 – Faculty, staff, and students can voluntarily sign up to use 2FA
- February 28, 2019 – All UTIA faculty and staff will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password
- July 2019 – All new hires and newly admitted students will set up 2FA as part of their initial password setup
- Fall 2019 – All faculty, staff, and students will use 2FA to log in with their NetID and password.
*As new dates are scheduled, we will update this list.
When will you use Two-Factor Authentication?
Over the next year, any university application that uses your NetID and password will be updated to use 2FA.
Once you opt-in, you will use 2FA for any application that has been set up to use 2FA. As new apps are added, you’ll automatically be prompted.
January 2019: All applications using the Central Authentication Service (CAS) will use 2FA.
Here are some examples of applications and software using the Central Authentication Service (CAS)
- For Students: MyUTK, Canvas, Zoom. Lynda.com
- For Faculty: Canvas, Zoom, Grades First, MyIRIS, Elements, Faculty Review, Cayuse, QuestionPro
- For Staff: MyIRIS, OIT Software Distribution, Ad Astra (Room Scheduling), Banner, Touchnet, Lynda.com, K@TE, Kronos, Zoom
- Office 365
- Google Apps
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)