Welcome Students! Are you taking an online class? Please explore the following information for participants in a LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) meeting. If you have any questions regarding the application, contact our team at 865-974-9900 or online via the OIT HelpDesk Contact Form.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I attend a LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) meeting?
Students may attend a meeting by selecting a link and joining the meeting, or by entering the meeting ID online at the UT Zoom page. Instructors may share meeting information in a variety of ways, including by posting it online in the course site or by sending an email.
Do I need a LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) account to attend a meeting?
No, a LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) account is not necessary to attend a meeting.
Getting Started tips for Meeting Participants
- Review the System Requirements page.
- Review the LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) Participant Guide (PDF)
- Attend a Test Flight prior to your first class. For more information on Test Flights, review the System Requirements page and scroll down the page to the Test Flights section.
- Anyone may attend an online meeting and a UT Zoom account is not necessary. However, if you’d like to schedule and lead a UT-Zoom meeting, you may create an account online at tennessee.zoom.us. Visit the Resources for Instructors and Meeting Leaders page for additional information on meeting features such as online Audio and Video and Share Screen.
- Please keep in mind that you do not need to activate a UT-Zoom account to attend an online session. If you want to schedule and lead your own online meetings, create your UT-Zoom account online at tennessee.zoom.us. You may also download the desktop application from the UT-Zoom page.
- To attend an online meeting, the instructor or leader of the meeting should provide you with one of two items. The following information may be sent to you via email, appear in your course site, or appear on the course syllabus.
- A link to the meeting, or,
- The meeting ID
LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) Mobile Apps
For the best user experience of the available high-definition features of Zoom, we recommend attending the session from a desktop or laptop computer. However, there are mobile apps available for both iOS and Android devices.
If you are invited to a meeting and choose to attend from a mobile device, you will be prompted to download and install the mobile app after selecting the meeting link. The meeting link may be posted online or sent to you via email by the meeting leader.
Supported Tablets and Devices
- Surface Pro 2 running Win 8.1
- iOS and Android Devices
- Blackberry devices