Akindi – A Scantron Alternative
OIT is piloting Akindi, a web based assessment system that automates the creation and grading of multiple choice examinations. It is accessible through Canvas and it uses your departmental copy machine to scan and score bubble-forms. This is a trial evaluation of the Akindi software; all current Scantron services are also available.
Akindi allows you to:
- Sync with your Canvas class roster to create personalized answer sheets
- Print your answer sheets on plain paper from any printer
- Sort multiple sections and test versions electronically after scanning rather than physically doing so beforehand
- Scan the completed answer sheets on any document scanner
- Upload a pdf of scanned forms or, if scanner has email capability, send the pdf directly to Akindi
- Handle changes to the key, multiple correct answers, and differential item weighting online
- Review student performance and item analysis results online
- Sync the exam grades with your Canvas grade book and email students their grades
To start using Akindi, log on to your Canvas account, click “Launch Akindi” and watch the brief introductory video. More detailed training videos are available on their Getting Started web page. While using Akindi, a chat window is available for help directly from the company.