Access and Engagement
The IT Community of Practice (ITCoP) theme for the 2017-18 academic year is Access and Engagement. Guest presenters will share instructional technology implementations related to making course content accessible to all and featuring engagement options to enhance student learning.
Content Engagement and Assessment Enhances Student Comprehension
Fall 2016 GTA@OIT Grant recipients share how they implemented instructional technology tools and strategies to better engage and assess students.
Presenters: Amy Heger, Psychology and Vincent Price, Theory and Practice in Teacher Education.
Digital Humanities Provide Access to Teaching Materials and Research for Varied Student Learning
Panel discussion from Spring 2017 Digital Humanities Scholarship Boot Camp participants will share implementation strategies and insights for academic learning and research
- Presenters: Alex Bentley and Mark Freeman, Anthropology; Jill Fennel, GA-English; Josh Jeffrey, GA-History; and Nichole Proctor, Undergraduate Research Intern-Psychology.
Open Educational Resources for Student Learning Success
Attendees will learn about a different means of access: Open Educational Resources, which make it easier and more affordable for students to succeed.
Presenters: Rachel Caldwell, UTK’s Scholarly Communication & Publishing Librarian and Adam Alsamadisi, Geography GA and Geography 101 Instructor.
Moving Your Course Online
- Join in the discussion on pedagogical and practical decisions in creating an online course. Learn of resources available for creating a greater online presence.
- Presenters: Jennifer Gramling, Director of Online Programs, Lisa Yamagata-Lynch, Educational Psychology and OIT Course Delivery and Design Staff
What’s All the Buzz About Augmented/Virtual Reality?
- UTK Faculty, Libraries, and OIT will share practical applications for implementing AR/VR for interactive, immersive, educational experiences to increase comprehension.
- Presenters: Michael Camponovo, Geography; Sean Morey, English; Michelle Brennen, UTK Libraries; and OIT Course Delivery and Design Staff.
An Inside Look At Classroom Engagement
- GTA@OIT Grant Recipients share classroom collaboration and engagement strategies to enhance student learning.
- Presenters: Joel Crombez, GTA Journalism and Electronic Media and Jamie Greig, GTA Sociology