This Graduate Teaching Assistantship, which is a twelve-month, half-time appointment, carries a stipend and a waiver of tuition and maintenance fees, including the summer session. A half-time Graduate Teaching Assistant works twenty hours per week and is expected to work spring, summer, and fall semesters
The Graduate Teaching Assistant provides technology support to the OIT staff, faculty, and students. Duties may include several of the following:
- teaching technology workshops under the guidance of a trainer
- design and development of web pages
- development of instructional materials for faculty, such as graphics, multimedia-based learning materials, and presentations
- design of OIT promotional materials and graphics
- assisting faculty and staff with mobile and classroom learning technology
- other duties assigned as needed.
We are looking for candidates who have experience in several of these areas:
- graphic design
- MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- web development and HTML coding
- development of media-rich presentations, screencasts, video and audio
- computer technology training
- Mobile learning technologies.
The ideal candidate must possess good communication, organizational, and customer service skills; ability to work efficiently within tight deadlines; and aptitude to quickly learn and apply new technology skills.
How to Apply
Email Rachael Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org a link to your online resume and portfolio and include a cover letter in the text of your email. In the email subject line, type “OIT Job Inquiry – Graduate Teaching Assistant.”